How do I know what protein bars are good?
The secret to having a good protein bar is having good sourced primary ingredients. This means no excess sugar or fat, just nutritiously filled goodness that gives you the pick up that you need. If there is more sugar in the bar than any other ingredient, this would typically be a big no-no as some protein bars offer more bad ingredients than good. If the bars main source is either a protein or a fruit or vegetable and is packed full of fibre, this might be an indicator that it is a good protein bar.
When your protein bar gets more dates than you do ? pic.twitter.com/4gDzPpphZQ— Jacob Leachman (@jleachy09) December 18, 2018
What are protein bars good for?
Protein bars are good for keeping you fuller for longer, not to mention the vitamins or minerals that could help with any deficiencies you may have.
They are great for a pre-workout snack or a quick filler between meals, especially if you’re on the go and do not have the time to pre-make a substantial meal. It’s true that protein bars can vary enormously, so it’s good to get some education around the subject before you dive in when purchasing.
Protein bars are good in moderation, just like anything else. Protein bars have protein (well, duh), and a man should have 56 grams a day where a woman should have 46 grams.
With Grenades ‘Carb Killa’ selection bars, it is strong example of a substantial snack in between meals. By supplementing a snack for a grenade bar, it will increase the amino acid availability to your muscles and keep your energy levels afloat.
What flavour protein bars can you get from Grenade?
Grenade offers a great selection of protein bars which are not only delicious, but also has protein as its main ingredient.
There are a wide variety of Grenade flavours available to you:
- Birthday Cake: 20g protein, 218 calories, low sugar
- Jaffa Quake: 21g protein, 215 calories, lowsugar
- Peanut Nutter: 21g protein, 223 calories, low sugar
- Caramel Chaos: 23g protein, 214 calories, low sugar
- Dark Chocolate Mint: 24gprotein, 214 calories, low sugar
- Fudge Brownie: 23g protein, 215 calories, low sugar
- Banana Armour: 22g protein, 217 calories, lowsugar
- White Chocolate Cookie: 22g protein, 215 calories, low sugar
- Chocolate Crunch: 22g protein, 220 calories, low sugar
- Choc Chip Cookie Dough: 20g protein, 218 calories, low sugar
- White Chocolate Mocha: 22g protein, 215 calories, low sugar
- Cookies and Cream: 23g protein, 217 calories, low sugar
The best bars Grenade offers with its protein content is the Dark Chocolate Mint Bar which contains 24g protein and 214 calories. It’s also the protein bar with the least calories, compared to the Birthday Cake and Choc Chip Cookie Dough which both only offer 20g protein and 218 calories.
At only £2.49 per bar, or a pack of 12 for £29.88 (spend over £25 and delivery is free!) it not only makes these bars affordable, but also makes them a great hit with on the go gym-goers. Grenade also offer a ’12-pack selection box’ which includes each bar so it gives you the opportunity to find your favourite flavour! Or pick and choose each day if you love them all, of course.