Happy New Year to all jogger.co.uk readers and thanks for joining us for another year. 2018 was great and 2019 is only going to get better. We’ve got all sorts of fitness news, announcements and discounts for you this week, so enjoy.
General fitness announcements
There are tonnes of ‘new year, new me’ surveys floating around at the moment, but this one caught our eye; according to LighterLife Fast, as many as 55% of British adults will start a new diet/healthy eating plan in January. What’s more, as many as 72% struggle with their weight. It’s important to remember the 80/20 rule; it’s 80% food and 20% fitness; focus on both and you’ll get great results in no time!
Interestingly, Betway created New Year, Same You? on their site which shows just how long we tend to stick at our New Year’s resolutions for. Looking at last year’s results, 50% of those with various resolutions last year gave up on these at various points of the year – with some lasting longer than others:
- Quitting smoking – 5th February
- Drinking less/ giving up alcohol – 12th March
- Eating healthier – 3rd April
- Going to the gym – 3rd September
The latest fitness launches
A fantastic new clothing line has launched – Mamoq. The ethical activewear is made using recycled PET based around the ethos of making conscious and informed decisions for a sustainable future, as well as a better now. The brand also donates 10% of all profits to social enterprises.
Products include activewear, typical day-to-day clothing, nightwear, coats and accessories. Activewear is currently only available for women right now though, but we hope to hear of a men’s range soon enough.
Upcoming fitness events
Don’t forget that The National Running Show is taking place in a few weeks; Sat 19th and Sun 20th January at the NEC.
Next week we’re going to be covering off a whole variety of things that you can see and do whilst there, but in the meantime you can register for your entry ticket for just £10 via: https://nationalrunningshow.reg.buzz/
This week’s top fitness offers and discounts
There are a variety of January sales underway – the perfect time to get your hands on some of your favourite pieces:
- Nike currently have an End of Season sale underway where you can get up to 30% off selected styles.
- Myprotein have an up to 40% off January sale. To get the discount off some of their best sellers, simply use the code: 2019
- Wiggle‘s January sale sees further reductions across all things cycling, running and swimming
- Sports Direct have up to 90% off swimming as well as a big brand sale, including big names such as Asics, Under Armour and Salomon